Here at WaxNax, we love providing you with the best, most convenient, and properly-dosed way of consuming concentrates. We also love keeping you up to speed on everything associated with the world of dabbing – we really, really do! So much so, we decided that this would be the entire premise of our business, and our overarching mission as a company. Our constant aim is to continue to uphold the above-mentioned values for our WaxNax extended family.
However, these are far from our only objectives; not only as business owners, but as earth-conscious people and progressive entrepreneurs, we believe we can do much, much more. Consequently, we recently launched a “Social Mission” campaign. WaxNax is looking to partner specifically with international programs/non-profit groups that are actively helping to reduce our collective carbon footprint on this beautiful and fragile planet. Our goal is to implement this vital mission into the core of the WaxNax brand for years to come.
Going ‘Above & Beyond’ for the Environment
As world citizens in the 21st century, we believe there is no better time than now to make a meaningful environmental impact by using your platform, no matter how big or small that platform may be. We look forward to linking up with like-minded teams that have similarly ambitious goals to go ‘above and beyond’ in order to protect our Earth. On our end, we will do anything we can to help these groups.
Whether it be financially or through the donation of our time and effort, proudly standing in support of such programs is the most gratifying thing we can do as a business, and more importantly, as human beings. To know that we are actually making a difference in the world makes us happier and more fulfilled than any amount of money ever could.
With all that being said, we operate in a field that currently is not the most environmentally friendly, to say the least. While there are great strides being made by some companies, influencers and groups, unfortunately there is still a big waste problem in the cannabis industry. We absolutely recognize that our own company’s waste and carbon footprint could certainly be minimized, and right now we are working hard to achieve this goal.
Accepting Responsibility: Our Environmentally-Conscious Future
We believe in accepting responsibility for our role in the delicate planetary ecosystem, and as we move forward we will continue to learn and seek ways to further attenuate our negative impact. This will be a central focus for our company, in the present and in the future. Instead of caving to wasteful industry standards (such as useless packaging techniques), we will instead start an environmentally-conscious revolution. We desire to lead the charge for a major environmental push in the legal cannabis industry!
What we currently know about cannabis industry waste:
• New, quickly enacted child-proof packaging laws are in large part to blame for the widespread use of plastic in the cannabis industry.
• Single-use plastic accounts for most of the waste.
• Single-use soil is also taking up substantial space in landfills.
• In California, cannabis waste is considered organic instead of hazardous waste.
• From 2014 to 2017, Washington State’s legal marijuana industry created 1.7 million pounds of waste.
• An estimated 7,000,000 plastic cannabis containers are sold in Colorado on a yearly basis.
Ocean Waste Facts:
• Up to 80% of marine litter is plastic.
• Over 50% of plastic entering the ocean comes from just five developing countries where there is a lack of waste management capacity.
• Cleanup of plastic debris is costly. Public agencies spend more than annually in litter cleanup.
• 90% of all plastic is not recycled.
• Impacts of marine debris have been reported for 663 marine wildlife species. Over half of these reports reported entanglements in and ingestion of marine debris.